Thursday, April 3, 2008

Graduation


My family is fortunate enough to have two graduates this year. I will be graduating from Law School in May and my step daughter will graduate High School in June. The amount of money spent on these graduation is crazy!!! Who knew.

This week my partner and I discovered/realized that our daughter was frozen/scared about graduating. She stated she doesn't want to grow up and be an adult. I know it's typically behavior but it seemed to take us by surprise b/c it was the child we thought would react so strongly. So, we are trying to encourage her and support her as we deal with the shell shock factor.

Her graduation has me thinking about my own. I have loved going to law school -- I know I am insane. I love the challenging discussion and the debates. I have been throughly intellectually stimulated. I think I am going to really miss the challenge. I am also nervous that I don't know enough to be an attorney. But I guess I must trudge forward. I am sending out my resume and preparing for my exams. The end will be here soon enough.

2 comments:

Mish said...

Robyn, I am so excited for you and for your daughter. I know now has got to be such a tough time for her and for yourself. So many questions so much uncertainty. I have to tell you that I am so proud to call you friend. You will make a fantastic lawyer and I believe a job will come to you very easily. As for your daughter I believe she has got wonderful parents behind her and that she will go forward and do an amazing job in university.. how can she not with such great examples that have gone before her.

Blessings
M

Patti said...

Robyn - Very excited for you. I too sometimes miss the intellectual stimulation of law school! However, you will acquire new skills in your area of law and it develops faster than you'd think.